Business Analyst - Medicaid
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/01/17 by Cynet Sytems
5 - 7 years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/01/17 Cynet Sytems
We are looking for Business Analyst - Medicaid for our client in Austin, TX
Job Title: Business Analyst - Medicaid
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position will report to the Director of Health Informatics Services and Quality (HISQ) within the Medicaid/CHIP Services Department of the client.
- The Worker will assist in the development, implementation and administration of Health Information Exchange (HIE) projects which further Medicaid's goal of maximizing the use of clinical data in pursuit of more efficient and effective care for Medicaid clients.
- It is preferred for the Worker to have previous experience in Health Information Technology (HIT)/ Health Information Exchange (HIE), which may include previous experienceworking with electronic health records, health information exchange organizations and/or within health informatics.
- Other key responsibilities of the Worker will include:
- Assisting in procuring the services of technology vendors, as well as tasking existing vendors, in order to implement HIE projects.
- Assisting client staff in requirements development, contract oversight and verification of deliverables.
- Facilitating and negotiating and marketing with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working withinternal and external stakeholder organizations involved in Health IT initiatives, such as federal and state agencies, community based organization and state and regional level local HIEs.
- Preparing, evaluating and monitoring HISQ-related project budget requests and fiscal impacts, plans, develops, organizes, and coordinates Health IT procurement and contract management activities.
- 7 Years Strong, proven business contract oversight skills with knowledge of Medicaid, CHIP, state and federal legislative process, healthcare programs and policies and health information technology.
- 5 Years Experience with cross-functional teams consisting of vendors, partners from non-profit, community-based organizations and large state agencies and systems
- 5 Years Skilled in synthesizing, analyzing, and evaluating highly complicated and technical information and translating it into easily understandable and concise documents and oral presentations for agency executives, elected officials and the public.
- DegreeBachelor's Degree with major course work required in business contracts for IT, health care/health information technology and stakeholder communications or English/ Writing and /or equivalent experience/education in a related field.
- DegreeExperience with large integration programs/proposals and performance based programs with Risk management and mitigation skills while balancing requirements, scope, and issues.
- Degree A certain degree of creativity and the ability to work with limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- MA/MS or equivalent experiencepreferred
- Health IT/ Business certifications