AIS is currently seeking Business Analysts to support various Federal client sites throughout the DC metro area including downtown D.C.! We're seeking a technical professional who is passionate about business and systems analysis and is able to obtain an interim Secret DOD Security clearance.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Capture and transform stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interfaces into customer features and requirements.
- Elicit, identify, and capture functional and non-functional requirements through systems and use case analysis.
- Develop system context models, use case models, user interface storyboards, business process flow models, and domain models.
- Write use case specifications.
- Identify and specify business rules and map rules to use cases.
- Mock up UI designs in Visio, VS.NET, or other UI prototyping tool.
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
- Define an appropriate set of requirements definition and management tasks and estimate the work for their tasks and backlog items.
- Provide support for review of requirements compliance and requirements management best practices and artifacts.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with agile development methodologies.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work directly with client staff and in a team environment.
- Ability to commute daily to client locations in Alexandria, VA and Arlington, VA.
- Ability to obtain an interim Secret Security clearance to gain access to customer networks and sites.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field, 6 years of software experience, and 2 years of business analyst experience.
- Scrum Master certification.
- Experience in running daily scrum calls
- Experience in custom application development on the Microsoft technology platform and Microsoft Office and development tools to create innovative business solutions.
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, or other mainstream methodologies.
- Working knowledge of iterative software development methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), or IBM Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Perform mock up UI designs, report designs or other commercial reporting tool.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Exposure to custom based SharePoint and CRM applications.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Working knowledge of UML based modeling tools.
- Have knowledge of Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integrated for SW (CMMI-SW) with focus on requirements definition and requirements management key process areas (KPAs).