Within MassMutual Technology, we will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Business Consultant for our Workplace Voluntary and Group Benefits team.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
The Business Consultant role will be responsible for understanding the industry, as well as business partner needs, and the technical solutions required to drive value and benefits to our business lines. The role will be essential to helping define scope and ensuring the benefits are achievable.
- Act as consultative team member with business Product Owner and vendor partners in planning, organizing, preparing and executing on initiatives
- Formulate and define business and technical requirements, as well as scope and deliverables based on industry and business partner needs
- Obtain subject matter expertise knowledge of supporting application(s) features and limitations to facilitate consultative dialogue with business partners
- Solve complex problems considering business and system requirements
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment
- Provide input to and aide in development of strategic roadmaps
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Consult on Quality Assurance framework and execution
- Provide coaching and guidance to team members
- 5+ years demonstrated experience as Business Analyst in an Information Technology department
- 2+ years proven experience with Agile methodologies
- Industry Experience
- Competent to work at the highest technical level
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the business in context to project goals and requirements
- Proficiency with requirements gathering and analysis techniques
- In-depth understanding of project delivery methodologies and SDLC
- Experience with JIRA
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a high collaborative team
- Personable, able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Flexibility for occasional travel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong knowledge of application architecture
- Strong technical background
- Strong industry knowledge