Business Analyst Manager, Engineering Operations Job Code:
SAS20211102-56510 Job Location:
Palm Bay, FL Job Description:
As a Business Analyst Manager joining the Engineering Operations team, you will oversee data analysis and reporting activities in support of Corporate and Segment level engineering development progress, productivity and quality measurements. This position is data-intensive; utilizing various systems to collect, analyze, and report on key metrics across the engineering organization for the segment to various customers on a monthly basis. Responsibilities include management of a business analyst and metrics team as well as coordination with IT and representatives from all engineering disciplines and sectors. The Engineering Operations business analytics and metrics team gathers metric and process improvement requirements, understands underlying data systems, develops methods and mechanisms for accessing and processing data, and supports developing dashboards and other visualization techniques. Essential Functions:
- Oversee the accurate and on-time delivery of all required engineering measures on a monthly basis to Engineering stakeholders (Engineering Functional Directors, Sector Chief Engineers and the Segment VP of Engineering and Technology).
- Responsible for establishing goals, setting timelines and achievement of milestones for metrics team.
- Understand data sources and logic to ensure accurate, efficient and timely deliverables
- Prioritize and balance multiple activities and proactively communicate status to manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand aerospace engineering development processes for key disciplines (software, mechanical, electrical, systems, etc.) and standard work products and tools in order to support effective measures of progress, productivity and quality.
- Partner with colleagues facilitating the design, build and automation of reports / dashboards that provide insight into engineering design development behavior.
- Regularly provide communications to engineering organization on current or updated engineering metrics tools, processes and procedures. Leverage understanding of engineering development process and how current engineering measure support engineering execution and/or process improvement.
- Identify and log data issues and work toward resolution
- Build, run and automate data queries and reports with SQL, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint
- Perform detailed data validation to ensure metric compliance with established definitions
- Verify accuracy of reports and provide insights
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Work with segment engineering discipline leads to capture engineering metrics and ensure data integrity.
- Work jointly with IT and data analytics team to collect, analyze and present engineering metrics
- Work jointly with IT to maintain data systems
- Identify key performance indices to help with identifying potential issues.
- Create reporting templates and automated views to support reports for major engineering reviews
- Mature and expand foundational metrics
- Make recommendations for new metrics, including strategies to improve engineering based on data
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations, Data Science, Statistics or equivalent and a minimum of 9 years relevant professional experience, OR, Masters degree in Engineering, Operations, Data Science, Statistics or equivalent and a minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience
- Aerospace engineering development experience or familiarity with aerospace engineering development processes and measures
- Experience managing multi-function and enterprise level teams
- Experience using:
- Databases and Tableau or PowerBI tools
- MS Office products, with a focus on Microsoft excel and the ability to write macros and SQL queries
- Statistical analysis for data analysis, trend evaluation and/or reporting
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Security clearance preferred
Expertise Engineering Location USA - FL - Palm Bay