Our business is growing again! We are in need of experienced Business Analysts who are capable of quickly understanding an organization’s business and their processes, then translating those processes into technical designs for software developers.We are looking for Business Analysts who want to join our Implementations team in our LRS Retirement Solutions group. We’re Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) a global information technology company known for valuing our talented employees.
LRS Retirement Solutions develops and implements pension administration software for retirement systems in the defined-benefits retirement market segment. Our Business Analysts have a vital role in understanding each customers unique business processes and how those processes drive the configuration and customization of our PensionGold software. A typical implementations projects team consists of 5-6 key resouces and is then supplemented by other resources to meet the needs of the customer.
The Business Analysts within LRS Retirement Solutions are a key resource for our Implementations team and participate in the following project activities:
· Understand the customers’ defined benefit plan rules, practices and processes and be able to apply that knowledge when preparing technical designs for customizing our product
· Interview/question customers to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
· Analyze the requirements to determine how they can be provided by the product or the product can be customized to meet the requirement
· Create detailed design documents identifying the customizations required to the product
· Develop, modify and test complex business processes using our proprietary business process modeler tools
· Perform debugging and unit testing of business processes in our software
· Collaborate with developers to insure seamless integration between the business processes and the product’s user interface
· Resolve problem incident reports during testing by analyzing the reported problem, determining the appropriate corrective action, and making the necessary changes to the design documents.
In-depth training will be provided to the successful candidate on our products and our modeling tools.
This position would ideally be based at our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois along with the majority of our other implementation team members. Alternate locations would be considered for the right candidate. When working on an implementation project, you may have to travel up to 50 percent of your time, all within the United States. Travel typically occurs during the week. With customers across the U.S., we often travel on commercial airlines and occasionally on one of our corporate jets. As a Business Analyst you receive a base salary and you are eligible for overtime pay. There are substantial growth opportunities and career advancement for the right person joining our team in this position
· Within the first 30 days you will learn, at a high level, the PensionGold system functionality. You will verbally demonstrate this understanding to your manager and other LRS Retirement Solutions employees.
· Within the first 30 days you will be able to read and utilize change request documents, problem incident reports and action items.
· Within the first 60 days you will have developed a detailed understanding of the existing business process modeler tools and the associated parameters and properties used within them.
· Within the first 90 days you will be able to create and modify business application processes using the business process modeler tools.
· Within the first 90 days you will be able to elicit and document user requirements for new functionality or software enhancements.
· Within the first 90 days you will be able to develop succinct design documents outlining required customized changes to meet the customer’s requirements.
· Within the first 90 days you will have gained a thorough understanding of the PensionGold database model and be able to perform queries against the data base using SQL or our Ad Hoc reporting capabilities.
1. You must have five years’ experience performing analysis and design as part of an application development project or product development team.
2. You must have three years’ experience converting requirements into detailed design documents and/or logical steps for code development. Experience using a diagramming or flowcharting tool, like Microsoft Visio software, is preferred.
3. You must have three years’ experience working directly with customers in resolving complex problems and identifying solutions.
4. You must have a basic understanding of database structures and SQL.
5. You must have two years’ experience resolving complex problems and identifying solutions.
6. You must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
7. You must have the ability to successfully work in a team environment with multiple team members and the ability to multi-task.
If you have previous experience working with retirement systems, computer programming concepts and software products, you are an ideal candidate.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. Visa sponsorships are not available.