Duties and Responsibilities
The Sr Business Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. The analyst is expected to also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders. This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions. As an experienced analyst, the candidate will be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis best practice, tools and methodology towards standardization of deliverables and procedures, and collaborating with Development and QA Leads to uphold and improve Agile processes.
- Thorough understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Experience working on software development projects using waterfall and/or agile methodologies.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
- Assist in the enforcement of project deadlines and client constraints/limitations.
- Ability to interface with third-party vendors to track, monitor, and resolve open action items to achieve project goals.
- Can work in a rapidly changing environment and work across teams and/or functional areas.
- Demonstrated team leadership and junior staff development.
- Strong consultative and advisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- MS Visio skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 or more years of experience in healthcare software implementations; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Health Care experiencepreferred.
- Prior experienceworking with requirements for a project with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Certified as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is a plus.
- Previous project management experience, in a support or deputy role is a plus..