The Director, IT Business Solutions is responsible for leading the development and deployment of strategic and tactical plans for the assigned business unit(s), channels or business support functional areas. The Director, IT Business Solutions provides advice and counsel to assigned business unit leadership on recommended uses of technology to achieve the business areas’ strategic goals, objectives and initiatives, as well as on future technology needs and emerging technologies. This position partners effectively with IT leadership, business unit leadership and vendors to meet the development and production needs of assigned partner businesses.
This particular role will
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements and functional specifications for BECU projects and programs.
- Assist team with design of technical solutions to meet project business requirements. May assist Technical Analysts with application specific production support (4th tier) as needed.
- Translate functional specifications to software vendor requirements, coordinate vendor delivery and manage applicable vendor relationships.
- Assist with test planning of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs.
- Manage the installation of application patches, releases and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery and production systems, following IT Change Control guidelines, and develops disaster recovery plans for business applications.
- Supports business units in documenting and prioritizing business objectives.
- Assist Business Readiness (Enterprise Analysis) for complex efforts.
- Assist team with activities to identify people, process and system impacts of business objectives for all sizes of projects/teams.
- Provide a range of operations support activities, such as application administration support, coordinating the development and maintenance of manuals/procedures for the application support team, and maintaining application upgrade and life-cycle activity roadmaps.
- Effectively manage communication between end users, vendors and IT departments to resolve production and development environment problems.
- Be familiar with security weaknesses within the applications and environments for area of responsibility and mitigate security concerns.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/related discipline required, or equivalent work or education related experience. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experienceworking with business software applications required.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages required.
- Knowledge of SDLC practices required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Strong understanding of various project and process methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Skilled in multiple methods for analyzing and validating data at the source (eg. SQL queries).
- Ability to remain informed about the events, trends and developments which affect your role, business area(s) and the Information Technology industry.
- Proven ability to manage solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective, specifically when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Experience with multiple problem solving methods and ability to use them as situationally appropriate.
- Experienced with multiple methods for creating and communicating strong Business Cases, including financial analysis, strategic alignment and risk analysis.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement projects and in accordance with BECU and industry project management methodologies.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Occasional travelrequired.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.