IPG Photonics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our growing IT team and work in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech manufacturing company. As a Business Analyst, you will interface with our internal clients and external vendors to elicit and document clear, complete and comprehensive requirements, and work with IT partners to implement solutions that meet the business needs, goals and objectives. The Senior Business Analyst will also coordinate and manage the implementation and/or integration of products or new features for clients including client training. The ideal candidate is a diligent, hardworking individual who is able to learn new systems and processes rapidly, can work with little supervision and is capable of delivering outstanding work at all times.
- Analyze, document and prioritize business requirements in cooperation with key users, process owners and business leaders.
- Analyze, model and document current-state and future-state business processes.
- Develop functional test plans and user acceptance test plans and scenarios.
- Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by executing the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance.
- Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
- Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Assist in the development of data models and interface design specifications.
- Coordinate activities including on-time delivery, testing and production moves.
- Work as a technical support and liaison to designated IT personnel to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
- Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to industry and application best-practices.
- Provide analytical support for critical corporate initiatives including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects and complex product installations.
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets.
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor.
- Analyze and define business reporting requirements and implement in cooperation with the IT team.
- Perform data analysis using queries and ad-hoc reporting tools.
- Document application work instructions and training materials.
- Provide day-to-day application support to key users.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in a IT business analytics role leading teams and business solutions analysis projects
- Demonstrated business analyst work with large scale applications that may include CRM and ERP solutions
- Solid foundation in project management methodologies
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, & Reporting Services/BI)
- Strong report writing experience using MS SQL SSRS
- Strong experience with MS Excel, Word, Visio, Project
- Experience with MS .NET and MS Web technologies IIS, Web Services, SOA
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in discovering customer business needs and translating them into functional and technical requirements.
- Ability to analyze complex systems, and troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with MS Dynamics NAV ERP 2009, 2013, 2015
- Experience with Arena or other PLM solutions
- Experience with MS SharePoint
- Experience with Dell Boomi
- Experience with Jet Reports
- Experience working with business systems in a manufacturing environment.