INTL FCStone, Inc. is a pioneer in specialized financial services and provide clients across the globe with a comprehensive range of customized financial services and tools to help them protect their margin and manage volatility.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated person to join our team as a Business Analysis in either our Chicago, IL or West Des Moines, IA offices. As a Business Analysis you will work closely with business partners, project teams and technical staff to develop and document business requirements, as well as develop and perform testing procedures. Our ideal candidate thrives working in fast-paced, collaborative team environments, has a passion for the financial services industry and has strong problem solving skills with a drive to understand how things work, and isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Works with business partner to elicit business requirements
- Elicits functional and non-functional requirements
- Creates business process maps and workflow designs.
- Creates current state and gap analysis.
- Ability to analyze and map data.
- Creates and executes test plans and test scripts.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands.
- Identifies and tracks solution interdependencies
- Ability to create requirements documents and or write user stories in manner that supports the project methodology.
- Understands overall impact of project/enhancement by clearly understanding all systems and areas impacted.
- Collaborates with project team and other stakeholders including Solution Architect, Project Manager, Scrum Master, Tech Lead and Business representatives to understand capabilities, define requirements and resolve impediments.
- Conducts root-cause analysis to improve processes.
- Facilitates effective meetings.
- Managing those business requirement throughout the project life cycle.
- Uses and implements industry standards as it fits the needs of INTL FCStone.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6+ years direct work experience in a business analysis capacity, including all aspects of business process and requirement elicitation, documentation, proposal, testing, and execution.
- Industry experience in Financial Services Trading firm, specifically in Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Working experience in both traditional and agile SDLC methodologies.
- Competent and proficient understanding of Microsoft platform.
- Competent and proficient in using agile collaboration tools such as Jira.
- Experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to remain flexible during times of change and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly, efficiently and positively.
- Ability to work with co-located teams.
- Must be adept at conducting research into project related items, issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under time constraints as necessary.
- Excellent verbal, written and relationship skills used to interact with a global group of technical and non-technical people.
- Strong data extraction and manipulation skills. Experience with data mapping and using SQL.
- Tests applications/solutions against business requirements.
- Proven ability to build effective and successful relationships within and outside the organization
- Ability to lead projects when needed.
- Ability to drive QA and coordinate UAT.
- Strong customer service and orientation in execution.
- Attention to detail is a must.
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment
- Minimal physical requirements other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment