The Business Analyst is the liaison between the agile sprint team and the business (SME, Product Manager and Product Owner). Works to create and refine the feature backlog in preparation for the next Program Increment through defining innovative improvements to business processes in order to meet the business requirements. Works with the Sprint Team to foster a collaborative atmosphere and provide clear understanding of the business problem being solved. Works well in a team-structured environment.
- Reviews existing legacy application documentation to develop an understanding of the existing functionality.
- Meets with business leadership (SME, Product Manager and Product Owner) to clarify business requirements.
- Documents existing business processes and proposes innovative improvements.
- Develops a clear definition and acceptance criteria for each of the features to ensure the business requirements will be addressed.
- Assists with documentation and prioritization of the business value associated with the business requirements.
- Develops industry expertise.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon's policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon's Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position;
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company;
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function; and
- We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
PERFORMS RELATED DUTIES:
Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of business analysis experience.
- Experience in an agile software development environment an asset.
- Past experience migrating legacy applications to a cloud platform also an asset.
- Experience with cloud technologies a plus.
- Possesses excellent communication, organizational and observational skills.
- Proficient problem solving skills with good judgment and decision making.
- Must be goal-oriented and focused.
- Must work well as a member of a team.