The Business Analyst III is responsible for ensuring a highly productive relationship between IT and internal business partners, overseeing a portfolio of IT projects and services, with a focus on Sales and the CPQ business processes. The successful candidate will provide structure and leadership to process improvement projects as well as expertise in developing new or improved workflows. This individual must have strong verbal and written communications skills and like leading cross-functional project teams. The Business Analyst III is also responsible for understanding the Forcepoint business and translating business needs across Sales (Direct & Indirect), Legal, and Customer Success into technical solutions, overseeing the delivery of IT services and projects, and ensuring internal business partner satisfaction. You will need to anticipate the needs of the business and to stay ahead of the curve. This role will lot of visibility and a direct impact to the future of a rapidly growing company. Are you ready?
- Function as an analyst and business partner to model, design, and build business solutions that improve Forcepoint’s CPQ and Sales processes.
- Maintain and document current and to-be CRM process flows
- Proactively identifies recurring issues or “areas for improvement” and proposes process or systematic solutions.
- Collaborates with clients to define requirements and manage expectations from project inception through delivery, including status updates, budget reconciliation, scope changes, etc.
- Negotiates IT and business commitments, business benefits potential, technology options, cost and constraints, and proposes alternatives to the business
- Teams with business leadership, internal/external development resources and suppliers to ensure timely, accurate and cost effective delivery of IT solutions
- Interfaces with the application development team to validate test results for new applications verifying that they meet the requirements of the business group
- Educates business partners on how to successfully engage and work with IT
- Write UAT and Test Cases
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or information systems preferred
- 4+ experience in IT analysis, design and implementation of complex, global CRM/CPQ/CLM solutions
- 2-3 years of administration and project management experience on the Salesforce and CPQ platform (Sales Cloud & Service Cloud)
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Domain expertise in Direct and Channel Sales solutions including PRM
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of Salesforce and CPQ application
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Salesforce and Steelbrick certifications are a plus
- Advanced in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with ambiguity