The Business Analyst leads, provides business analysis and documentation for moderately complex applications, websites, databases and systems, defect management and provides second-level technical support. This position will be focused on (but not limited to) PulteGroup’s IT Sales Vertical.
• Conducts analysis of business processes. Defines, tests, documents and manages business requirements according to approved standards/procedures.
• As the subject matter expert, researches and recommends solutions of applications, systems, databases, or websites.
• Leads and facilitates collaborative business and systems requirement gathering sessions.
• Predicts potential problems for applications and/or systems and provides recommended solutions.
• Performs strategic business research and defines requirements in support of simplifying and standardizing business processes and the integration of systems.
• Evaluates dynamic business goals and drivers and predicts potential enhancements for applications and/or systems.
• Participates in on-call rotation and performs escalated support for production applications that involves advanced troubleshooting.
• Participates in, or leads, internal initiatives for the implementation, use, and improvement of processes, procedures, guidelines, and metrics for the Business Analysis team or IT organization.
• Provides leadership & mentoring to less senior members on and off the team.
• Consults with other teams regarding technology solutions for business needs and/or problem resolution.
• Proactively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with other IT teams on project assignments and problem escalation.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to predict potential problems for delivered applications and/or systems and provides recommended solutions.
• Ability to handle a demanding workload and conflicting priorities in a time-sensitive, rapidly changing environment.
• Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, integration and processes.
• Reviews project proposals; identifies potential problem areas, and recommends optimum approaches for project path, utilizing specific area of technical expertise.
• Develops or modifies project business analysis artifacts using disciplined processes, procedures and standards.
• Leads training and provides functional guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
• A bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position or a combination of related education and work experience in the area of systems analysis to equal four years.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience required in a Business Analyst role.
• These minimum requirements will also include additional criteria specific to the position.
• Homebuilding Sales experience a plus.