Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 30 days ago
Purpose of Position: The Business Analyst II (BA 2) provides analysis and recommendations to improve business efficiency and/or business process improvements. The BA 2 will analyze business needs, determine core competencies; and work in close association with the IT to get the business requests completed. This position will function to translate business needs into requirements specifications and ensure the project scope aligns with project vision and budgetary requirements. The BA 2 will work with development team to ensure business requirements are understood.
• Research and analyze the business need to effectively strategize solutions and support long term business objectives.
• Conceptualize and define the scope of a project. Effectively translate them into business requirements for technical solution and delivery
• Perform gap analysis as required
• Document business requirements on the PMD approved BRD templates
• Prioritize requirements and ensure focus is on key business needs
• Develop appropriate use cases, user stories and work flows as per the need of the project
• Participate in joint sessions with developers and other project team members. (Backlog Grooming, Sprint Prioritization and Daily Scrum Meetings)
• Document and execute test cases if required
• Develop a Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure all business requirements are testable within set protocols
• Create User Training material as required
• Represent the project team’s interest to the business and manage user expectations.
• Support Project Planning and Reporting activities.
• Ensure business satisfaction and manage stakeholder expectations.
• Utilize strong analytical skills to deal with ambiguity, create actionable plans, and resolve obstacles to achieve deadlines
• Ability to manage medium to large size projects of various complexity
• Work closely with application developers in mapping requirements to specifications
• On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
• Perform other business tasks or functions as assigned.
• Ability to perform Project Management functions as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Minimum 5-7 years of Business Analysis experience in projects of varying sizes and complexity
• Strong analytical skills required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Possess a clear understanding of software development processes and procedures (SDLC).
• Health insurance experience is a plus.
• Ability to manage business stakeholder expectations and multiple priorities.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.