$80K — $100K *
Under minimal supervision, works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems. The Business System Analyst II is responsible for gathering requirements and thoroughly understanding the business process flows surrounding any stakeholder scenarios or project efforts and solutions, including those that cross programs, departments, and/or vendors. Builds and maintains relationships across stakeholder groups, including external vendors and collaborators.
This position handles simultaneous requests of varying complexity across all domains at Denver Health Medical Plan. A Business Analyst II will be capable of identifying complex issues and may make recommendations for solutions/resolutions. This position may be responsible for leading lower effort/risk projects that are heavily focused around the business analyst skillset. The Business Analyst II position may also be responsible for assisting in activities related to quality assurance test script development, defect management, and issue resolution.
1.Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, use cases scenarios, business analysis, tasks, workflow analysis, and any other methods to capture all business needs and wants.
2.Conduct and perform workflow analysis and needs assessments to identify and recommend improvements to business processes to improve efficiency and/or to provide new operational capabilities.
3.Ability to quickly comprehend business ideas, concepts, and wants in order to create requirements documents based on feedback received from stakeholders, including both expressed and latent needs.
4.Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how future-state processes may be successfully executed.
5.Work closely with stakeholders, project managers, information systems resources, and management to validate that the resource’s proposed and developed solutions meet organizational and stakeholder needs.
6.Validates, prioritizes, and organizes requirements in a comprehensive, clear, and concise manner. Ensures documents can be understood by both business users and development teams alike.
7.Employ various tools like process mapping and root cause analysis to complete analysis and formulate recommendations.
8.Works with business units to document and define test scenarios, test cases, and/or use cases in support of quality assurance/testing initiatives; works to ensure defects are managed and reported on through resolution during upgrade and go-live activities.
9.Recommend changes to business analysis and project management policies, processes, templates, and standard operating procedures.
10.Other duties as assigned.
1. Five years of relevant experience as a business system analyst managing requirements for software application development and/or configuration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
2. Ability to set, drive and achieve deliverables in a fast-paced environment for multiple, concurrent efforts
3. Excellent relationship-building and management skills; strong orientation toward collaboration and communication, and an ability to earn trust and respect from challenging customer bases
4. Demonstrated understanding of application design, development, testing, integration, and support
5. Proven ability to operate, deliver, and succeed with a geographically dispersed customer base
Computers and Technology
1. Extensive experience and demonstrable skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suites required, including Visio.
2. Extensive experience using telecommunication tools, such as WebEx, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.
3. SharePoint and SmartSheet experience preferred.
1. Bachelor's Degree (Required)
1. Certified Business Analysis Professional
Valid through: 4/16/2021