This Business Analyst I responsible for working as part of a team to implement solutions and systems in support of NFI customers and Operations. Key responsibilities include system configuration, solutions testing, developing and maintaining documentation, resolving issues, and providing support to Operations’ users. This position reports to a Manager level role
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working under the direction of a project lead this position will assist in the configuration and creation of system solutions.
- Conducting solution testing (internal and external) to include; unit testing, integration testing, and coordination and support of user-acceptance.
- Maintaining and updating documentation in alignment with the common framework.
- Identifying and resolving system issues including the root cause analysis
- Utilizing project management methodologies consistent with the common framework.
- Continuously finding ways to improve processes, execution, and delivery.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team, demonstrate a strong Team commitment
- Outstanding problem solving abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to be a proactive problem solver
- Ability to learn new systems, processes and tools quickly and thoroughly
- Degree - BA / BS strongly preferred
- 3+ years industry experience 3rd party logistics, warehousing and/or transportation a plus
- 3+ years software solution design and implementation
- 3+ years project management
- 3+ years customer support
- 2+ years’ software solution design and implementation experience on relevant warehouse management systems
- Ability to analyze and clearly articulate possible solutions. Review environment with a clear understanding of both operations and systems to identify areas of improvement.
- Must understand the technologies, solutions and development options available for the solution. Manager will be used as a decision maker on solution design and implementation.
- Ability to establish a deep knowledge and understanding of the job specific system(s), both tier 1 & tier 2.
- Will be utilized as knowledge expert on the application for existing processes and needed improvements.
- Ability to reinforce correct processes with the job specific system(s) to the users with explanations of why it is necessary.
- Ability to manage deliverables of a project or manage a small project holistically.
- Ability to utilize proven project management methodologies to engage and interact with all necessary participants.
- Ability to move the project forward and get the necessary reviews and approvals to continue progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Key aspect of the position is the ability to document accurately and holistically.
- Communications must be clear to all audience members and provide opportunity for feedback concerning the content.
- Ability to manage customer support issues through completion.
- Understanding of customer support methods and a sense of ownership for resolving the issues.
- Basic understanding of computing technologies including PC usage, windows, printing configuration, application configuration settings and productivity software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Develop an understanding of the networking technologies utilized and how they can be leveraged in solutions.
- A good understanding of the EDI technologies, data mapping and data flow.
- Job Specific System(s) experience a plus
- Requires up to 40-50% travel based on business requirements
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.