Business Analyst key responsibilities:
- Proactively collaborate with project stakeholders to determine business needs, decompose initiatives and map business processes as applicable during project intake.
- Facilitate and perform the elicitation and capture of technical and functional requirements (using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions or mapping, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, user stories, story decomposition, and story mapping) during all phases of the project lifecycle to support the delivery of business value for the organization.
- Assist with the development and scoring of RFPs and scripted demos; directly engage and facilitate the RFP process with vendors.
- Facilitate and elicit business goals in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements integrate with existing workflows and business functions.
- Facilitate and elicit business goals in determining if and how new processes or process changes integrate with existing workflows and business functions.
- Ensure requirements are testable meeting a predefined project definition of “done” as well as requirement level acceptance tests.
- Support the development team clarifying the requirements and business outcomes during all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Gain and demonstrate a solid understanding of software programs considered for or used on assigned projects.
- Ensure project deliverables map to the business needs as described in project artifacts.
- Identify and communicate project risks; identify possible solutions.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- BA/BS in Business, Math, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ experience in business analyst/project management role in a complex business and systems environment; experience with Agile methodology required.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, Agile software development lifecycle and problem solving.
- Experience with successful enterprise-wide implementations desired.
- Two plus years’ experience working on projects that use multiple platforms: web servers, Windows Server, and application servers desired.
- CBAP or equivalent certification desired.