As a Business Intelligence Business Analyst, you'll be working with stakeholders to uncover data, reporting and BI business requirements and translate those needs into user stories. Working in varying development process styles with cross-functional team members, you'll gather and document business requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions. This position will also have broad responsibilities that will include project coordination/management, presentations to executive staff, coordinating and leading demos and client interactions. You will play a key role on a small and nimble team – responsibilities will be broad and varied.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our employees are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
- Ability to elicit and maintain business requirements and supporting documentation for our data, reporting and BI team
- Willingness and ability to work independently and across a broad variety of roles within the team
- Ability to quickly learn new business domains
- Ability to work on multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Ability to communicate persuasively and resolve issues effectively
- Ability to identify requirement gaps or identify potential development challenges from client requests
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE JOB:
- Interviewing business stakeholders and subject matter experts, collecting business requirements, defining functional specifications and creating user experience artifacts
- Translating business goals and requirements into user stories
- Collaborating with product owners to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Collaborating with technical resources to identify and document technical requirements and constraints
- Writing acceptance criteria and collaborating with QA team to ensure test plans address all requirements
- Creating user experience deliverables where applicable
- Influencing project scope by ensuring team members understand trade-offs of including or excluding requirements
- Travel: 15%
- Hours: 40 hours per week, M-F
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the expectations of the position and shall not be construed as the only expectations that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the expectations listed above.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role in a data, reporting and BI environment
- Desire and ability to work closely with PMs, QAs, technical architects, and developers
- Ability to keep a positive attitude and handle change
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work items
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams using varying development process styles
- Experience with documenting requirement on the SQL and PowerBI platforms
- Experience documenting requirements on the Microsoft Azure DevOps platform.