- The Worker performs advanced systems analysis to gather and analyze business requirements and develop software specifications.
- The Worker completes software test activities for all test phases of a software development project.
- The Worker reviews, analyzes, evaluates, writes and develops test plans and scenarios based on business and system requirements to ensure traceability; monitors, performs and facilitates user acceptance testing.
- The Worker coordinates with IT and business project teams to identify and document software defects and works with developers to coordinate defect solutions.
- Work is accomplished in a highly collaborative environment.
- Gathers, develops and analyzes business requirements and develops software specifications, writes complex test scenarios and test plans with business and technical groups
- Coordinates and participates in the review of test plans, scripts and results of user acceptance test plans with business and technical groups. Develops test scripts and test plans using testing tools for software specifications.
- Executes test plans and script reviews and assists team members in performing and completing test activities. Coordinates, monitors, and performs all phases of user acceptance testing.
- Identifies, analyzes and documents software defects; assists developers in analyzing and resolving defects.
- Thorough understanding of business analysis areas of knowledge and their associated activities and tasks
- Skill in analyzing problems and identifying effective solutions
- Participates in various software development reviews and provides advice and assistance to other team members in analysis, design, and test.
- Assists in developing and monitoring project plans and schedules; assists project managers in making assignments and managing project tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications with other computer professionals.
- Considerable skill in using a computer with various word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with others at all times in the course of conducting business
- Extensive skill in planning and organizing work to meet goals and complete multiple assignments without compromising accuracy.