The Business Analyst is responsible for performing the business analysis function in project activity.
The primary responsibilities include identification and documentation of business needs, the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of our client both oral and written form-while serving as a liaison across business areas and between business and technical teams.
Imperative are an adaptive style and the ability to quickly assimilate new information.
- Perform Business Architecture activities for the Guidewire ClaimsCenter using a variety of complementary techniques including Business Process Analysis and Design, Business Activity Modeling, and Business Capability Modeling.
- Data mapping and data structures within the Guidewire ClaimCenter module,
- Any type of workers comp exposure is critical
- Facilitate the rigorous identification and documentation of business requirements by leading business resources through a variety of activities including:
- Proactively elicit information through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish business user requests from the underlying business needs.
- Translate business needs into business and functional requirements in a complete, correct and clearly understood format to be shared with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Coordinate and perform the prioritization, transition and ongoing management of business requirements
- Coordinate validation of requirements
- Serve as a liaison across business areas and between business and technical teams.
- Ongoing development of industry expertise by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies, and applying this knowledge to the job.
- Working knowledge of Guidewire ClaimsCenter data structures and a comprehensive understanding of business process or functions from both an operational and technical perspective.
- Working knowledge of Group products and/or associated procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Plan and facilitate workshops, brainstorming sessions and large group meetings that cut across multiple business and functional areas.
- Ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and correlate complex and conflicting information.
- 3 years of experience in Property & Casualty
- 2 years of experience in a business analyst role or similar experience with the responsibilities listed
- Bachelors Degree or higher