As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports. The Business Analyst role sits in the Solutions Delivery Pillar.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for partnering with Business Technology Leaders, Solution Delivery Leaders and Architects in the definition and delivery of long-term business and technology strategies for one or more portfolio(s) through the application of domain knowledge and enterprise analysis; fostering reuse and continuity throughout.
- Plan and manage the BA approach; communicating, driving and managing the business analysis effort for the Portfolio throughout all phases of the ATTG project life cycle.
- Lead a team of BAs assigned to assigned program/portfolio project(s), ensuring comprehensive business analysis is performed on all projects across the assigned Portfolio/Programs. Also will perform hands-on BA work directly as needed.
- Actively review requirements traceability for impact and coverage analysis throughout the Portfolio.
- Work with the Analysis Community of Practice to ensure consistent application of the Solutions Delivery and ATTG standards and methodologies and advise on exceptions.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working effectively and building relationships with and between teams, external vendors and internal clients at varying executive levels
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change based on client needs
- TAX or Finance domain knowledge
- Experience leading other BAs to provide analysis and requirements, ensure consistency, accuracy and quality of BA deliverables on larger initiatives
- Experience with Enterprise Analysis.
- Expert on industry-standard, structured business analysis techniques (i.e., user stories, use cases, UML/logical modeling, BABOK, etc.) appropriately modifying according to the decided software development methodology (i.e., Agile, Iterative, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, etc.) in use. Experience with Agile desired.
- Experience using, training and driving others to use requirements management, modeling, and change control software(s)
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
- Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members
- Responsible for assigning work and reviewing performance, requiring leadership of virtual teams
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree preferred
- 10-12 years of relevant experience
- Management experience a plus
- CBAP or CBATL certification preferred.