The Business Analyst (BA) plays a key role in the review, assessment, and development of business processes. Functioning as a liaison, the BA wo rks with the business (primarily Marketing and DigitalMarketing) to understand their needs and then translates those needs into business requirements. In this case of eCommerce, the BA uses their experience in this discipline to anticipate the needs of the end users (online shoppers). The focus of the BA is on the effective use of resources, both people and technology, to fill the business need. The role is involved in all aspects of the development and support of the chosen solution.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Works with the business owner to understand needs, facilitates the negotiation of requirements then documents requirements
- Provides subject matter expertise in eCommerce
- Acts as a liaison between the business, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and end users in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of the solution to ensure optimal performance
- Provides analysis for technology vendor evaluation and prioritized functional roadmaps
- Evaluates various technology models including off-the-shelf, custom, and Software as a Service (SaaS), comparing functionality, risks and price
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users
- Understands and can communicate the value of solving identified problems in terms of efficiency and effectiveness
- Provides excellent customer support to the user organization in an efficient and responsive fashion
- Reviews work of project team members and performs quality assurance reviews, as necessary
- Coordinates application development, quality assurance, training, and documentation with user sponsor(s) and other IS personnel
- Creates and executes test scripts against developed solutions
- Working knowledge of Digitaltechnologies, omni-channel marketing, and eCommerce solutions, functions, and business practices
- Demonstrated success delivering strategic and complex enterprise solutions
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communications
- Strong understanding of and ability to write business and functional requirements and specification documents
- Working knowledge of application integrations in a Web environment
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles (waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience as a liaison between business and technology teams
- Experience with mobile applications
- 5-7 years of progressive IT experience with a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience as a functional lead or subject matter expert or business analyst
Do You Want to Be a Leader or Be Left Behind?
Simon Property Group is the global leader in retail real estate. We are an S&P 100 Company and have been named Fortune’s Most Admired Real Estate Company six times in the last decade. Working at Simon provides the opportunity to learn from the best in the industry and to be a part of a success story. Our culture fosters innovation and creates dynamic career opportunities for those who embrace our core values of passion, entrepreneurial spirit, and commitment to excellence and who want to make an impact on our continued success. Discover Your Potential. Discover Simon.