Child Care Facility System
The Child Care Facility System (CCFS) will continue to meet the needs of the Division of Child Care Services (DCCS) throughout 2017, 2018 and 2019. The Division seems to be moving in some new directions due to changing priorities as well as the dictates of changing statutory and regulatory requirements.
1. Modifications and new features within CCFS to support the new CCDBG regulations. Some of the anticipated areas affected are serious injury reporting, background checks, safety assessments, and inspections for Legally Exempt programs.
2. Changes within CCFS to support integration with the Child Care Provider Online Process project.
3. Potentially will be developing an integrated public child care web search incorporating both CCFS facilities and NYC Group Day Care programs
4. Development of an Enforcement component of the system
5. Development of a Pre-K indicator and potentially a web service with NYS DOE
6. Redesigning the renewal training component of CCFS, including the creation of a web service to interface with the Aspire system operated by CUNY.
7. Continuing the re-write of the application into .Net from PowerBuilder. This effort has been ongoing, but is a multi-phased project that is expected to span multiple fiscal years. The current projected completion date is 2020.
8. The Legally Exempt portion of CCFS will need to undergo rather extensive enhancements, to accommodate issues identified from user experience and Federal mandates coming to bear on the NYS subsidy program.
This position is for a 24 month period and will provide OCFS-IT support with skilled resource needed as well as follow the structure and standards to ensure better quality of service to the user community. Due to the ever changing Legal Mandates the system continues to require enhancements and updates. Without this resource the unit’s ability to respond to the users’ needs would be compromised and the quality of the solutions would be affected. The unit’s ability to meet Mandated Changes by the effective date would in most cases be highly delayed.
Daily Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
PART A: ONE MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
You must be an Expert Business Analyst with documented employment experience of 7+ years (84+ months).
- You must have experience with managing small to medium-scale business analysis work or projects with distinct deliverables to a solution.
- You must be able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
PART B: Requested Desirable Qualifications: The numbered qualifications below are not mandatory, but candidates should meet or exceed in duration and skill set target asked for, at least 3 of numbers 1 through 6.