The device market and ecosystem is exploding and the competition is intense - be a part of Microsoftâ€™s drive towards capturing the devices and services opportunity by joining the Core Devices Group within Device Market Intelligence (DMI)! You will play an integral role in driving the understanding of the dynamics of the device market and shaping how businesses across Microsoft take on opportunities around smart connected devices. In order to succeed in the market, there is a critical need for highly analytical and strategic business finance leaders that enable the best decisions, now and for the future. This position offers an opportunity to play an integral role in defining how we look at and think about the device marketplace as a whole ranging from core markets of traditional PC, 2in1s and Slates to other emerging categories. This role will deliver key analytical insights and forecast models around the global and regional PC, Tablet, and Smartphone device markets, to drive actionable insights for the company to compete for device share and monetize services.
This role requires:
- Excitement about the end user device market and competitive dynamics in it. Passion and expertise in analyzing global and regional market dynamics and financials in order to drive meaningful insights about the economic and device market landscape
- Strong analytical driver based modeling and statistical skills to develop quantitative and qualitative forecast models and work withinternal and external research and telemetry.
- Desire to guide decisions by providing the spectrum of information to frame the market opportunities and competitive challenges to business leaders
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to partner and drive alignment at senior levels
- Planning and facilitating collaboration at senior levels including ensuring a connection and alignment between field and corporate initiatives
- Working closely with international partners to drive an understanding of the unique aspects of the technology evolution in developed and emerging markets
- 3+ years of market intelligence, strategic planning, financial planning, quantitative analysis and relevant business experience; preferably with prior work experience in high-tech and communications industries, management consulting, market research, investment banking, data sciences, or econometrics
- Robust statistical modeling/forecasting and quantitative analytical skills with experience supporting complex financial models and strategic decisions.
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques and data analytics preferred. Knowledge of Time Series Regression, Simulation Methods (e.g, Monte Carlo, Bootstrapping), Discrete Choice Models, other advanced analysis techniques preferred.
- Exceptional ability to translate complex data into a compelling narrative and insights
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills; able to develop unique methods of analysis where traditional methods do not yield results
- Ability to partner and communicate effectively across and at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence business decisions in a highly distributed environment.
- Cross-group collaborator and influencer across teams and organizations with proven success in participating in cross-functional teams to deliver on key projects. Experience in leading virtual teams preferred.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office required
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics or otherquantitative fields required.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, and/or Economics preferred