RELATIONSHIP: The Business Analyst will report to the President at Corporate.
FUNCTION: This position will provide the critical link between XYZ information system capabilities and business objectives. The primary objective will be supporting the objectives of the business through timely and accurate business analysis and communicating clearly to stakeholders.
DUTIES: Specifically, the Business Analyst will have responsibility for the following functions:
- Defines and designs tools to support business needs, product pricing and costing, special projects, and other key business initiatives.
- The ability to conduct and present cost/benefit analysis.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various data bases and data interpretation.
- Identifies areas for improvement. Supports and tracks improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to define and implement data strategy, policies, controls and programs to ensure data is accurate, complete, and reliable.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the Company’s products, customers and proprietary information.
- Develop close working relationships across all departments within XYZ.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Finance is acceptable.
- A minimum of three years data analysis is required. Specialty Chemical manufacturing experiencepreferred.
- Microsoft Office skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel skills, at the intermediate to expert level required.
- ERP system experiencepreferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.