We are looking for Business Analyst - Curam for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Business Analyst - Curam
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Client is seeking a Business Analyst - Advanced to assist with implement small to large projects.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The principal duties of this position are to evaluate agency needs, as-is and to-be business processes, and technical designs to provide analysis and advice on strategies for information technology solutions and non-technical solutions. The BA will provide detailed analysis and document business processes and requirements.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a liaison between the business programs community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Conducts efficient requirement gathering session with multiple stakeholders to capture business requirement.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- Requirements development execution, including the elicitation, analysis, specification and validation.
- Documenting and analyzing agency business processes and recommending improvements.
- Documenting and analyzing data requirements and relationships.
- Participating in the requirements management processes, including change control, version control, tracking and status reporting, and traceability.
- Providing requirements interpretation and guidance to technical and test teams.
- Proactively identifying risks, issues, and action items leading to possible solutions.
- Interacting with internal and external organizations (i.e. vendors, State and Federal government agencies, State providers and beneficiaries, and other stakeholders).
- May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
- Research business rules, requirements, and models.
- Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
- Other project-related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 2years of business analysis experience IBM C?ram software
- 5years?experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties
- 5years?experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes
- 2years Medicaid Eligibility or otherhealthcare insurance experience
- Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases. Very Strong proficiency in English is required.
- Experience and ability to obtain business processes and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents.
- Knowledge of formal business process documentation.
- Understanding of business modeling techniques, including the use of graphical process flow software
- Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and team members.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- MMIS experience (project or operations)
- Microsoft Office Project/Project Server
- Public Sector/Gov?t Experience - strongly desired.
- Bachelor?s degree in a technical, business, or healthcare field.