The Philadelphia-based company is one of the fastest growing retailers in the country over 600 stores in 32 states. The Company expects to cut the ribbon on approximately 100 new stores this year and enter the Southern California market, on top of opening 80+ stores in 2016. Catering to teens, pre-teens and their parents, Five Below carries an ever-evolving and exciting assortment of cell phone cases and chargers, remote control cars, yoga pants, graphic tees, nail polish, footballs and soccer balls, tons of candy and seasonal must-haves for Easter, Halloween, Christmas and more. Everything, every day, is just $5 and below. Its stores are a vibrant, colorful and high-energy destination. Five Below products are grouped into one of eight in-store worlds: Style, Room, Sports, Tech, Crafts, Party, Candy and Now. Five Below’s assortment features brands such as Lego®, Wilson®, Hasbro™ Peeps® Disney® Marvel® Frozen, Despicable Me, Avengers Star Wars™.
Five Below was founded in 2002 by David Schlessinger, creator and founder of Encore Books and Zany Brainy along with Tom Vellios, former CEO of Zany Brainy, and current Chairman of Five Below. In early 2015, Joel Anderson, the former CEO of WalMart.com, was named CEO and President of Five Below. The Company (NASDAQ: FIVE) has achieved astounding growth, including a current string of 40+ consecutive quarters of positive comparable stores sales growth (from Q2, 2006 to present). Five Below is poised to grow rapidly driven by a unique approach to targeting the teen and pre-teen customer with an edited assortment of trend-right, high quality merchandise that fosters universal appeal. With a highly differentiated shopping experience that delivers exceptional value within the $1-$5 pricing model, customers have a deep appreciation for the brand. There is a long runway for growth with compelling and consistent store performance backed by an experienced and passionate senior management team.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and ability to manage work across all phases.
- Forward thinker who designs for not only current business needs but, plans for scalability and longer term solutions.
- Technology Oriented. Ability to work across multiple system architectures.
- Value Oriented. Ability to effectively work with technology vendors to implement change and support daily operations that work towards long term goals.
- Process Oriented. Ability to break down complex processes and identify effective solutions. Prioritize work effectively and deliver on time. Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring successful completion of all items.
- Customer Service Oriented. Ability to partner with customers and brainstorm effectively to support daily operational and project needs.
- Detail oriented. Organized and able to manage time efficiently. Effective communication and excellent follow through to ensure the achievement of personal and company objectives.
- Team Oriented. Must contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Improvement Oriented. Ability to improve systems by understanding current practices, designing modifications and getting customer buy in to proceed.
- Experience with Analytical tools (SQL, Toad etc.) a plus.
- Experience in one of the following applications a plus: Oracle EBS, Oracle Hyperion & Smartview, Island Pacific ERP, IBM Tririga Lease Administration.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired in business or technology related field or equivalent experience.
- RetailExperience and/or Finance experience a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT related position.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand, analyze and document business requirements.
- Translate business requirements to System/Functional requirements and partner with internal and external developers to ensure an efficient solution.
- Deliver work products throughout the project life cycle (workflows, system flows, design documents).
- Partner with business to perform cost analysis on solutions
- Design and perform functional, regression, integration testing and conduct User Acceptance Testing.
- Create implementation plans and work cross functionally as needed to deliver work on time.
- Maintain software through daily operational support and prioritize required changes through change management process.
- Anticipate and identify issues that may negatively impact business and develop/implement technology based solutions.
- Work with IT vendors and other outside contacts on development and service relationships.
- Foster being team player willing to help others and accepting their help in return.
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client's business needs.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client.
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.