Reporting to the Senior Director, Performance & Governance, this role requires extensive data analytics experience, an ability to apply analytic outcomes to business problems, and the capacity to effectively communicate with business leaders. This role will support the evolution of operational performance dashboards from a reporting tool to a predictive management tool, in order to drive focused performance improvement activities and assist us in achieving our mission of creating a sustainably affordable healthcare system that is worthy of our family and friends.
We are looking for a proven track record in the following areas:
Predictive Analytics Experience: Key to this role is the ability to identify and model data that can serve as leading indicators for the organization’s critical performance measures. This individual must understand leading approaches to data analysis and data visualization.
Executive Level Communications: This role will be expected to collaborate closely with leaders across the organization to understand datasets, share analytics results, discuss business implications, and develop recommendations.
Industry Experience: We are seeking an individual with experience in the healthcare industry who understands the major operational processes of a health plan and is familiar with key health plan performance indicators, process risks, and process interdependencies.
- Develop and test hypotheses to determine and quantify the nature of predictive indicator relationships to critical organizational performance measures, using multiple statistical, algorithmic, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools.
- Specify metrics for select predictive indicators, including the scope of indicators, interrelationships between metrics, relative magnitude of impact to strategic measures, metric calculation methods, quantification of metric variance, drill down dimensions, and strengths and weaknesses of the metrics.
- Design, collect, and transform measurement data including data sourcing, determining measurement error and bias, and data normalization in preparation for data analysis.
- Consolidate, cleanse, and transform data to prepare for reporting.
- Incorporate predictive indicators into operational performance dashboards to communicate goals at-risk to leadership and highlight focus areas.
- Develop methods, tools, and reports to identify and inform measurement deviations, causes for deviations, and initial recommended actions.
- Actively monitor the performance of models in production and revise models as needed.
- Collaborate with the Performance Management team and other stakeholders to continue enhancing dashboard functionality, infrastructure, and user experience.
- Expand the understanding and use of data within the organization by presenting analysis, results, and recommendations to audiences of a variety of levels across the enterprise.
- Advise on the selection and implementation of appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support Operational Excellence goals.
- Collaborate with leaders on an ongoing basis to understand their major processes, changes and risks to their activities, datasets, and priorities to continue refining performance measurement approaches.
- Discuss performance monitoring results with leaders and personnel across the organization and collaboratively determine plans of action to address identified risks or areas of concern.
- Approach execution and development of tools and processes, with a risk management mindset to support organizational audit readiness and maintain compliance.
Knowledge and Experience
- 6-8 years of experience developing predictive analytics and delivering data analytics reporting; Tableau experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Graduate degree in Business, Economics, Public Health, Health Administration, Data Science, Information Systems, or related fields a plus
- Knowledge of leading practices in and emerging techniques and technology for predictive analytics
- Understanding of health plan operations highly desirable
- Self-motivated, creative, detail oriented, and proactive with the ability to work independently, and propose thoughtful solutions
- Polished oral and written communication skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts into easily consumable information
- Demonstrated ability to drive to quality decisions with teams, peers, and leaders
- Demonstrated capacity to teach and foster technical and soft skills in others.