We are looking for Business Analyst for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Client has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to assist the Division of Federal Programs, Accountability, and School Improvement with gathering business requirements around developing an Automated Course Coding System.
The objectives are:
- To move away from the annual PDF course coding lists to an automated system for approving courses;
- Assigning courses in PowerSchool/reducing keying errors;
- Setting up required credentials to teach the courses (eventually replacing the required credentials PDF);
- Pulling information on out-of-field teachers for reporting (federal requirements);
- Removing the risk of duplicated course numbers;
- Marking dual credit courses that qualify for college-ready or career-ready status;
- Aligning CTE courses to career clusters-CIP codes – career-ready credentials (part of our state-federal report card);
- Flagging courses for Civil Rights Data Collection;
- Developing an application process for new course approval; and
- unifying the way numbers are assigned.
- By the end of the year, we want to have a detailed plan in place for moving forward, including scope(s) of work for design and development.
- CLIENT is particularly looking for a Business Analyst that has knowledge and experience with application implementations and/or development of large/enterprise software applications who can work proactively with project team and stakeholders to define the business requirements and test cases/plans for each solution.
Daily duties / responsibilities:
- The following are primary activities which the Business Analyst will be expected to perform.
- Interviewing the stakeholders on this email to identify their business requirements (and they may identify others);
- Having those stakeholders assist in identifying district stakeholders to interview and get requirements;
- Pull information about costs;
- Assist in determining what direction the agency will move in automating course codes to reach the above objectives; and
- Upon that decision, assist the project manager and programmers in completing a system that meets our requirements.
- Report project progress weekly to Director, Project and Application Management.
Required skills (rank in order of importance):
- Analytical/logical thinking
- Verbal and written communications
- Business requirements gathering
- Technical writing
Preferred skills (rank in order of importance):
- MS SQL
- Software application development projects
- Business analysis certification a plus