We are looking for Business Analyst for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: ?Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The following are primary activities which the Business Analyst will be expected to perform.
- Work with the client project manager to plan and deliver meetings and collaborative sessions with the agency's appointed project stakeholders.
- Proactively facilitate, communicate, and collaborate with external and internal entities to analyze information needs and document such needs.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to elicit requirements using document analysis of project templates, phone interviews, on-line workshops/webinars, surveys, and occasionally on-site visits.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish unique requests from the underlying true needs.
- Participate in the writing, editing, and finalization of the business requirements and test plans and any other project documentation that is required.
- Identify, escalate and propose timely solutions to any and all issues which pose risks to either the on-time completion or to the quality and completeness of the project.
- 8Report project progress weekly to Director, Project and Application Management and the client Project Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Analytical/Logical Thinking
- Verbal AND Written Communication
- Business Requirements Gathering
- Technical Writing
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- MS SQL
- Software application development Projects