We are looking for ????Business Analyst for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: ????Business Analyst
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
Objectives to Be Fulfilled by Candidate:
- The principal duties of this position are to evaluating agency needs, as-is and to-be business processes, and technical designs to provide analysis and advice on strategies for information technology solutions and non-technical solutions.
- The BA will provide detailed analysis and document business processes and requirements.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a liaison between the business programs community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- Requirements development execution, including the elicitation, analysis, specification and validation.
- Documenting and analyzing agency business processes and recommending improvements.
- Documenting and analyzing data requirements and relationships.
- Participating in the requirements management processes, including change control, version control, tracking and status reporting, and traceability.
- Providing requirements interpretation and guidance to technical and test teams.
- Proactively identifying risks, issues, and action items leading to possible solutions.
- Interacting with internal and external organizations (i.e. vendors, State and Federal government agencies, State providers and beneficiaries, and other stakeholders).
- May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
- Research business rules, requirements, and models.
- Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
- Other project-related duties.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5years?experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties
- 5years?experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes
- Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases. Very Strong proficiency in English is required.
- Experience and ability to obtain business processes and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents.
- Knowledge of formal business process documentation.
- Understanding of business modeling techniques, including the use of graphical process flow software
- Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and team members.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- General Subject Matter Expertise as it relates to Medicaid or other healthcare insurance experience (project or operations)
- MMIS experience (project or operations)
- Microsoft Office Project/Project Server
- Bachelor?s degree in a technical, business, or healthcare field.
- None required.