We are looking for Business Analyst for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- THE CFS PROJECT TEAM S RESPONSIBLE FOR DEVELOPING, The CFS Project is part of the client and is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and obtaining federal certification of a federally-mandated Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) that will provide comprehensive support to the operation of client?s Child Support Enforcement (CSE) program as well as for completing the development and implementation of the Family Court Case Management System (FCCMS) for the 46 Clerks of Court.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The business analyst position for the Family Court Case Management System project will be responsible for the following activities:
- Participate in Joint Application Design sessions and facilitate the development of requirements in an iterative environment (Agile).
- Review vendor functional design documents and validate functionality meets approved detailed requirements.
- Develop and execute State test cases for various testing phases. (System Integration Test and State Acceptance Testing)
- Coordinate with state subject matter experts to confirm system functionality meets end user expectations.
- Triage incidents discovered during all phases of testing. These include application defects, design issues and functional scope changes. Work with vendor personnel to communicate incident(s), provide additional insight, discuss potential solutions and eventually test the provided incident correction.
- Review all relevant vendor documentation including but not limited to business requirements documentation, test plans, technical design documentation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5+ years OF experience as a business analyst on large software projects.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Experience working in the AGILE software development methodology.
- Understanding of Technical Concepts related to Software Development.
- Ability to read and understand data models and to use SQL to query data.
- Ability to use MS Office, SharePoint, Visio effectively
- Strong Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, customers/stakeholders (State and County) and executives
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experience working on Judicial or Family Court related software projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- A strong understanding of Case Management Systems including the understanding of: basics of financial concepts, scheduling/Calendaring Concepts and General Case Management.
- BS Degree / Equivalent Experience