5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Number: 261637
Location: Columbia, SC
Desired Skill Set:
Agile, Business Intelligence, Implementation, Project Management, SCRUM
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates."
Position: IT Healthcare Consultant - Business Analyst - Project Lead
Start Date: 8/22/2017
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Columbia, SC
The Replacement MMIS (RMMIS) program is among the most complex IT projects taken on by the CLIENT. This position will support the Business Intelligence System (BIS) component of the RMMIS program. CLIENT has procured the services of a solution provider to deliver the BIS solution. The BIS project includes the following high-level requirements:
• Decision Support System (DSS).
• Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (TMSIS).
• Payment Error Rate Measurement (PERM).
• Surveillance and Utilization Review (SURS).
• Management and Administrative Reporting System (MARS).
Objectives To Be Fulfilled By Candidate:
The primary role of this position is to serve as a Product Owner of the Business Intelligence (BIS) solution for the RMMIS.
As a Product Owner, this position will represent the product''s stakeholders and the voice of the customer and is accountable for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business. Communication is a core responsibility of the product owner. The product owner role bridges the communication gap between the team and its stakeholders, serving as a proxy for stakeholders to the team and as a team representative to the overall stakeholder community.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting project management and product delivery processes.
• Prioritizes work in product iterations in accordance with project implementation timeline.
• Participating in business requirements sessions via interviews, translation of governing documents and other means.
• Represent the BIS business owners in JAD sessions.
• Enforce business value driven thinking.
• Strong user support and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to communicate and work effectivity with users, vendors, management, and other IT peers both verbally and in writing.;
• Must have strong analytical skills, the ability to think logically, and must be a self-starter able to research and find solutions and reach decisions independently.
• Coordinate the delivery of the BIS solution with the BIS vendor, the CLIENT project manager, Medicaid Operations, Medicaid Enterprise Systems (ES), and the business owners.
• Serve as team expert on data analytics, data management and related impacts to functional areas of CLIENT.
• Decision-maker to ensure product delivery can move forward with minimal obstacles.
• Protect team from external influences and pressure to ensure team focus on product implementation.
• Skilled in techniques that identify stakeholder needs, negotiate priorities between stakeholder interests, and collaborate with solution provider and ES leadership to ensure effective implementation of requirements.
• Educates business owners on the PMO governance processes, gate reviews, CMS certification guidelines and associated gate reviews.
• organizes PMO and CMS milestone reviews with business owners.
• Educates stakeholders in the product development process, which could be waterfall, agile or a hybrid approach.
Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
• At least four years of experience in deploying Business Intelligence Systems, with at least two years of direct experience deploying SAS business intelligence solutions.
• At least four years of experience in project management or product delivery of large scale enterprise projects with demonstrated success.
• At least four years of risk management on large scale enterprise projects.
• At least two years of release management experience.
• At least two years of product management and delivery.
• At least two years of product delivery using agile methodology.
• At least two years of experience in Healthcare fraud and abuse mitigation through solution deployments.
• At least five years of written and verbal communication to all levels of the organization.
• Strong proficiency in English is required.
Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
• Health insurance IT implementations.
• Expertise of data governance/data stewardship principles, polices, processes, implementation, and tools.
• No SQL data integration technologies.
• Bachelor''s degree in a technical, business, or healthcare field.
• Equivalent experience will be considered.
• Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 4 - 6 Years.
• Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 4 - 6 Years.
• Business Intelligence (BI) Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 4 - 6 Years.
• Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Yes 2 Advanced Within 2 Years 2 - 4 Years.
• Healthcare Insurance IT software/systems implementations No 3 Advanced Within 2 Years 1 - 2 Years.
• Agile/Scrum Methodology Yes 2 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years.
• EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF LARGE ENTERPRISE LEVEL PROJECTS WITH PROVEN IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 4 - 6 Years.
• Experience working with risk management Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 4 - 6 Years.
• Release Management Yes 3 Expert Within 1 Year 2 - 4 Years.
• SAS Yes 2 Lead Currently Using 2 - 4 Years.
• Product Vision/Management Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 2 - 4 Years.
• Expertise of data governance/data stewardship principles, polices, processes, implementation, and tools No 3 Advanced Within 2 Years 2 - 4 Years.
• Knowledgeable in various Data Integration technologies No 3 Advanced Within 2 Years 2 - 4 Years.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.