5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Business Analyst for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire?
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
- May require a bachelor's or master's degree in a related area and 7+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Participate in Joint Application Design sessions and facilitate the development of requirements in an iterative environment (Agile).
- Review vendor functional design documents and validate functionality meets approved detailed requirements.
- Develop and execute State test cases for various testing phases. (System Integration Test and State Acceptance Testing)
- Coordinate with state subject matter experts to confirm system functionality meets end user expectations.
- Triage incidents discovered during all phases of testing. These include application defects, design issues and functional scope changes. Work with vendor personnel to communicate incident(s), provide additional insight, discuss potential solutions and eventually test the provided incident correction.
- Review all relevant vendor documentation including but not limited to business requirements documentation, test plans, technical design documentation.
Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst on large software projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working in the Agile software development methodology.
- Understanding of technical concepts related to software development.
- Ability to read and understand data models and to use SQL to query data.
- Ability to use MS Office, Sharepoint, Visio effectively
- Strong ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, customers/stakeholders (state and county) and executives
- Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Experience working on Judicial OR Family Court related Software Projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- A strong understanding of Case Management Systems including the understanding of: Basics of Financial Concepts, Scheduling/Calendaring Concepts and General Case Management.
- BS Degree / Equivalent Experience