Job Title: Business Analyst - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Columbia, MD
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for updating, authoring (if necessary) and completion of project requirement documentation (Config Survey/Workbook, Solution Design Document, Document Mapping Document, Interface Mapping Document, Product Development Requirements, Scheduled Processes, GAP Analysis, Workflow/Process/Data Flow diagrams)
- Solutioning and tracing client business requirements to functional requirements
- Providing accurate estimates for BA effort on work assignments
- Creating tickets in to engage engineering and product development as required by the project
- Origenate configuration, unit testing and migration of configuration.
- Prepare User Stories, Use Cases and the Requirements Traceability Matrix based on Business Requirements
- Review QA Test Scripts and Test Cases to ensure adequate coverage and understanding of the solution requirements by the QA team
- Issues management and reporting during the project design/development phase
- Leading the team in issue triage during QA, UAT and post production support through TTP, this includes reviewing log files to determine the root cause
- Resolving Origenate configuration related defects
- Writing release and port instructions as well as any client release notes if required (If a patch or build is required the TA will write the instructions)
- Maintaining documentation (For example, the Configuration Survey should be updated with a change log and published back to the client when changes are implemented)
- Reporting project issues, roadblocks, and risks to the Project Manager and Delivery Manager
- Working withother business units to ensure cohesiveness of functional solution design
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Understands principles of multiple applications development methodologies
- Ability to understand and apply concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Strong documentation skills
- Flexibility, versatility, dependabilit
- Business Systems Analyst II
- Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in business modeling and requirements definition.
- Possesses domain knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects/initiatives as a team member or occasionally in a business analyst leadership role.
- May coach more junior business analysts. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects.
- Typically requires four or more years of business systems analysis experience and demonstrated technical capabilities.