Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Business Analyst / Project Manager
The incumbent will be responsible for the supporting coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of Collections Shared Service Center (CSSC) initiated process reengineering and operations improvement projects ensuring consistency with ARCM's strategy, commitments and goals.
- Lead the Project though full project life cycle stages - Impact analysis, Business requirements, IT Requirements, Design, Construction, Integration, User Acceptance & Client testing and Release.
- Interface with project owners, various CSSC teams, business units, IT teams, client & vendors.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Document business/operations process, workflow and system changes and translate business/operations process rules into functional specification to support technology development
- Perform thorough gap and impact analysis by developing process models, maps & other artifacts.
- Analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Prepare test plans/cases and carry out test execution
- Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and document business rules, functional specs and requirement to support the change.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Manage cross functional project teams of business users, developers, SMEs and other stakeholders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Will play critical SME role in identifying technology solutions as part of process reengineering initiatives
- Insurance / financial services Industry Experience – 5 + yrs
- Receivables and Collections operations experience – 3 + yrs
- Project Management understanding OR experience in synthesizing, prioritizing and driving results with a strong sense of urgency - 4 + yrs
- Certification in or experience with process improvement techniques and tools
- Strong experience in systems analysis including the ability to write and revise standards and procedures – 4 +years
- Experience supporting functional solutions and business workflows – 4 + yrs
- Lean and Six Sigma or other business process improvement / reengineering methodologies experience – 2 + yrs
- Strong organization, oral presentation, and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and effective organizational skills
- Understanding of billing, collections & receivables management processes.
- Ability to translate business needs into efficient technology solutions.
- Excellent data management, data organization and data presentation skills
- Ability to perform data analytics using BI tools (COGNOS, Excel/Access, SQL Server)
- Ability to work independently while being an integral part of a team
- Takes ownership and strives to meet aggressive targets and milestones
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, proven track record of diagnostic problem solving.
- Result/Solution Oriented who can work in a fast paced environment
- Proven experience of working in flexible and ever-changing environment