Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 27 days ago
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Business Analyst to join our team in Charlotte, North Carolina (US-NC), United States (US).
The Business Analyst uses business and technology knowledge to serve as a liaison between business initiatives and IT in order to determine the correct course of action to achieve desired results. This person collaborates with business and technical resources to determine business information and application needs and assists clients in the analysis of a proposed idea and performs the review, determines the systems potential, conducts documentation, testing (as needed) and follow through.
* Analysis and Solution Definition
* Documents client organization's direction, structure, business processes and requirements.
* Liaison between the business and development teams throughout the project.
* Analyzes business requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how the application can best function to fulfill those needs.
* Provides input to buy vs. build decision based on input received from the business and other functions within Technology.
* Identifies cross impact to other systems.
* Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
* Understands project plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
* Adheres to and facilitates project standards.
* Creates, consolidates and presents documents relating to use cases, functional requirements, data mapping, privilege provisioning and authorization models, maintaining them throughout the project, including traceability back to requirements.
* Ensures with the quality management team that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and that testing plans have been completed.
* May execute test plans or follow-on testing.
* Assembles and documents all test results.
* Provides a business or process perspective during design reviews.
* Accurately employs methodology and documentation tools.
* Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
* Participates in change control process throughout the project.
* Contributes to continuous improvement and proactively supports knowledge sharing within the team and across Technology.
* Proactively carries out project support /administrative functions.
* Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures
* Possesses basic knowledge of HTML
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
* Experience in systems implementation, business analysis, and/or project management
* Advanced communication and time management skills
* Experience in working with development teams preferred
* Knowledge of data structures, databases or query tools preferred
* Rapidly adapts and responds to changes in environment and priorities
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field
* 3-5 years of experience as business analyst
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.