Business Analyst ( Business Intelligence Specialist )
The Data Insights Implementation team’s Business Analyst (BA) works under the direction of a Software Business Architect to understand the specific data mapping needs for implementation clients. BAs have deep experience with insurance systems and data and how to map such into data stores. BAs also work closely with client subject matter experts to analyze and understand how the client sees their data and how it will ultimately be used in analytics.
Location: Bolivar MO, Columbia SC, Farmington, CT
- Analyze business data and map into the Insights platform.
- Work with the Insights Business Architect and other stakeholders to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements.
- Elicit detailed data requirements and use cases.
- Develop and maintain business requirements.
- Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the technical team, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the Quality Management practice, in particular review of the designs, prototypes and other requirement work products.
- Serve as a liaison to the business community. Acts as a product subject matter expert.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- 10+ years related industry experience in requirements gathering, identifying gaps, estimating, implementation, test planning and execution, and User Acceptance Testing definition and execution.
- 10+ years of customer interfacing experience, project oversight and customer presentations.
- INS21, INS22 and INS23 or equivalent insurance certification.
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications.
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Experience/knowledge of Rating, Forms and Transactional Processing.
- Experience with business intelligence data mapping (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems).
- Experience with implementation of business intelligence data solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims.
- 50-75% Travel.