JGS Insurance is looking for a Business Analyst that will help in facilitating assigned projects by serving as a liaison between users and developers, setting and communicating goals, and evaluating and refining system results. This role will collaborate with our business and development staff to create a state-of-the-art RQI (Rate Quote Issue) platform.
- Collaborates with business staff to thoroughly understand the needs to be supported by the information systems and technology.
- Determines how changes to the project will affect the business and systems.
- Responds to inquiries and provides advice to the client regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions between business and IT.
- Negotiates plans and timeframes, ensuring that the business understands the anticipated result.
- Develops and communicates detailed specifications for implementation.
- Produces reports, timelines, and graphics to communicate expectations and progress to management, customers, investors, and other relevant parties.
- Maintains and ensures proper documentation and coordinates or performs testing of system modifications.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager to ensure business partner needs are met.
- Researches and analyzes the nature, effect, and results of system difficulties.
- Satisfies data sampling, project analysis, testing verification, and other user requests from existing client databases.
- Acts as liaison with Information Technology and/or outside vendors to support relevant systems.
- Maintains current understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices through industry and other professional networks.
- Provides recommendations on system evolution.
- Creates, develops, provides, or coordinates system training, materials, and other educational tools.
- Helps develop ad hoc data reports using simple query language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Analytical Thinker
- Extremely organized with great attention to detail.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate, and organize.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and with little guidance.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems.
- Ability to negotiate and settle differences quickly and peacefully.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software program.
- Ability to act as a team player.
- Must have experience utilizing Rally or other agile Project Management tools.
- Management Liability and/or P&C Insurance knowledge a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field required.
- At least five to seven years of related experience.