We are looking for Business Analyst for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client and the Department of Early Education and Childcare (EEC) have an initiative underway to extend the functionality of its mission critical Background Record Check application and EOE is seeking a Business & Data Analyst to add to the team.
- The Business Analyst focuses on product backlog, stakeholders, and customer needs.
- This person will be responsible for all aspects of business requirements and data analysis of an agile web-based software development project.
- This position will work with the project team to define scope, analyze business needs, gather and document business and data requirements using industry standard practices and tools.
- This is a lean and agile project.
- The ideal candidate can work in all functional areas of the application.
- They will also have experience in all phases of business and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the business to understand strategic goals and objectives, define requirements, assess product fit to business needs, and reengineer business processes as needed.
- Conduct all interviews and meetings needed to document current business process.
- Assist in the development of and approval of the business process documentation.
- Help team members elaborate their requirements; analyze gaps, permutations, inconsistencies, constraints, assumptions, and risks so that requirements are clear, concise, etc.
- Developing Epics, User Stories, and Their Acceptance Criteria
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Managing Scope
- Require Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Require experience with conducting JAD sessions, interviewing business reps, resolving stakeholder conflicts, fielding questions from executives.
- Identifying and Working with Stakeholders
- Lead negotiation of priority features for a backlog or how much work the team can tackle.
- Collaborate with the technical team to understand the data design of the application, and apply that knowledge to define data requirements related to the new functional requirements.
- As a member of the team, adhere to the organization's methodologies and standards, and propose improvements based on business and data analysis best practices.
- Participate in Change Management processes to assess and advise on the impact of release and data requirements being changed, added, or dropped
- Provide support to the QA and Technical Writing resources to write test scripts and provide content review for necessary training and user manuals
- Advise QA of test coverage needs for each release's functional requirements.
- Review test cases, expected results, and actual results to ensure that the spirit and intent of all functional requirements are being met.
- Review deliverables related to new releases
- Proactively raise issues and offer solutions.
- Participate in daily scrum meeting to discuss current tasks and status.
- Submit weekly status reports.
Education and Experience Level:
- At least 7 years of professional business analysis experience.
- Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred).
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory will be a plus.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Requirements Analysis and the Software Development Lifecycle Process.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Data Analysis, including thorough knowledge of SQL, with an ability to read and understand SQL code.
- Strong prototyping, visual design and interaction design skills.
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles (Scrum methodology) a plus.
- Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
- Ability to promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and in an agile manner.
- Ability to switch focus based on changing priorities.