What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing complex information and data analysis to support projects and/or in the overall management of a business unit/department. Develops and documents business requirements and/or business solutions to solve complex problems and issues related to business operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads business team members to define business needs through utilization to effective elicitation techniques.
2. Evaluates and develops various methods of analysis and/or project planning that influence strategic initiatives.
3. Analyzes and evaluates data gathered from multiple sources. Reconciles differences and applies consistent approaches to data interpretation and performance measurement results.
4. Engages with business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation. Ensures project dependencies are clearly defined and communicated appropriately in terms of time required to complete.
5. Liaises with the business, development team, and technology on an ongoing basis. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
6. Responsible for critical examinations of current business processes and provides recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within business unit operations.
7. May lead efforts in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication, and/or strategic planning activities.
8. May assist business unit production functions during high volume periods.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Not Applicable
· Bachelor’s Degree - Required
· Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
· Project management tools such as MS Project.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.