Responsibilities for the role include:
- Designing and specification of technical requirements for high-visibility, firm-wide technology initiatives using participatory and iterative design techniques including user interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Projects include: collaborative software, acquisitions, carve-outs, software integrations, video/voice conferencing initiatives, mobility strategy
- Effectively communicating research findings, conceptual ideas, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Iterating on designs based on user feedback, user research, and technology constraints.
- Discussing, presenting, and documenting designs and design decisions effectively to varied audiences.
- Leading the interactive design process by driving decisions, tracking issues, and assisting in estimating and managing release schedules.
- Bridging cross-functional teams (client working groups, business owners, engineering, QA, etc.) to drive the entire project lifecycle from concept to completion.
- Developing rollout and training plans to create user adoption of new or existing tools to ensure that the business value from those projects is fully realized.
- Establishing roadmaps to help team define scope, deliverables, schedule, and workstreams.
- Facilitating and documenting firm-wide Disaster Recovery testing with application owners and the QA team.
- Coordinating with all necessary sub-teams to assist with the execution of office openings, relocations, expansions, and closures.
- Managing the end-to-end technology integration of Blackstone acquisitions by analyzing their current processes and application stack, and seamlessly transitioning them to Blackstone’s existing technology offerings.
- Communicating project status updates to relevant stakeholders across the team, including but not limited to business management, senior technical leads, developers, designers, and product managers.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. You will need:
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude and be willing to work through all obstacles to accomplish tasks.
- A successful track record of juggling multiple projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Proven outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- The abilities to work collaboratively with multiple groups in a variety of settings and be able to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
- Impeccable project management and implementation skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
- The ability to drive process changes.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- A desire to learn and grow as a professional.
To be considered for the Technical Business Analyst role, applicants must meet any of the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A degree in one of the following disciplines: Technology and/or Engineering is preferred
- 3-5 years equivalent experience managing technology projects