The Business Analyst is a key facilitator within the organization, supporting tactical and strategic Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Business Process Improvement (BPI) initiatives, which addresses the improvement of process quality and effectiveness.
- Manages concurrently, 1 major initiative (25K or greater budget) and 2 minor (under 25K budget) initiatives.
- Manages end-to-end activities related to the planning, review, and evaluation and definition of end-to-end business processes to develop associates process improvement recommendations to be implemented.
- Partners with organizational leadership, sponsors and end-users on behalf of the discovery to define the goals and deliverables and throughout the initiative.
- Partners with business process owners to plan for remediation of internal control weaknesses.
- Partners with the business and performs needs analysis and business processes walk-through sessions to document and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Performs fieldwork interviews and critical analysis of financial and system processes.
- Performs process mapping, defining ownership and collects the associated documentation, forms, contents and business rules to be managed through the process cycle.
- Performs detailed work with organizational departments to document use and functional needs, through workflow modeling, of various business processes and supporting applications.
- Performs data analysis and process validation in support of initiative.
- Uses business analysis techniques to document current (AS-IS) and future (TO-BE) processes including development of internal training materials and user tools.
- Interprets results using a variety of techniques, such as data aggregation through statistical analysis or complex data mining.
- Administers the initiative by overseeing planning, documenting and communicating, milestones, deliverables, budgets, statusreports and coordination of team schedules.
- Supports process initiatives within the committed timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, or Information Technology.
- Six Sigma and/or Business Analysis certification is a plus.
- 5+ years IT/Business Analysis or related experience.
- Experienceworking within the Project Management Lifecycle or System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- 1 – 3years experience defining and documenting new policies and standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the activities associated with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Business Process Improvement (BPI) initiatives.
- Proven ability in leading activities to acquire business process improvement needs and goals, to be translated into process solutions.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership, management, business users, and technical staff.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of business analysis concepts, best practices, tools and techniques.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and provide guidance in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and changes.
- Mastery knowledge of MS Office Products, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Highly self motivated and directed.