Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on… Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
The Business Analyst will provide support to the entire Cylinder Gas Operations department for all activities related to the following major areas: financial opportunities, internal reporting, Region cylinder budgeting/forecasting/modeling, Business Warehouse and PowerBI reporting as well as capital analysis and reporting. The position creates and publicizes monthly and quarterly metrics and analytics. The position plays a key role in developing and reporting of EBITDA improvement opportunities and other ad hoc analyses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work across all disciplines of the Cylinder Gas Operations team and closely with Regional leadership and Corporate FP&A on developing and tracking EBITDA improvement opportunities; as it relates to operating efficiencies.
- Report and analyze financial and operating metrics enhancing current reports and migration to the PowerBI interactive reporting tool. Organization of mass data from multiple sources held independently and not available today from Fleet, TRIPS, OBCs, SAP, and Business Warehouse.
- Develop in-depth analyses, yet simple to understand in the field, of opportunities of cylinder utilization, MRP enhancements, vehicle utilization and forecasting replacement of power units, logistic opportunities with mass data available from newly implemented systems such On-Board Computers and TRIPS, and improvements to preventative maintenance data newly available to Airgas.
- Perform extensive modeling in support of the Divisions/Regions opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with the Division and Regional management teams.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for
up to 4 years of additional relevant experience may be considered.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 5 years of prior demonstrated financial accounting and/or analysis experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Prior experience should include working with different departments and cross-functional teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles in the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage a wide variety of data and related computer tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Leadership skills to drive continuous improvement of processes.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Use of candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities, and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
- Strong computer skills to specifically include proficiency in Google applications and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power BI, etc).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.