The Regional Company Business Analyst is responsible for providing business support for VP-Finance and the Field organization. The Regional Company Business Analyst will assist in Regional Company budgeting and forecasting, pricing analysis, customer and segment profitability, same-store sales, sales by major product group, margin
analysis, operating cost analysis, capital expenditures, acquisition analysis and due diligence, inventory management, cylinder/asset management, certain compliance related activities and other ad hoc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Reports and analyzes financial and operating metrics, such as same-store sales, gross margins, operating expenses, asset utilization, capital expenditures, etc.
· Utilizes the various business reports and metrics to evaluate, interpret, and provide critical information in support of strategic and operating decisions.
· Analyzes product price increase processes and provide support and analysis for sales and marketing related to customer price realization (i.e., measurement of periodic price increases and other pricing initiatives designed to enhance profitability).
· Assists in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
· Prepares analyses related to local compensation programs, including gain sharing & various commission programs.
· Works closely with the VP-Finance and Division finance support teams to better understand historical financial results, trends and validate forecast assumptions.
· Performs extensive financial modeling in support of the Division as well as Corporate FP&A.
· Responsible for compliance of Company policies and procedures at the local level, evaluate and provide feedback for continuous improvement opportunities.
· Assists in acquisition due diligence and integration.
· Assists with field audit activities regarding internal controls, SOP compliance and SOX compliance, as needed.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional relevant experience may be considered.
· 5 years of prior demonstrated financial accounting and/or analysis experience in positions of increasing
Responsibility. Prior experience should include working with different departments and cross-functional teams.
· Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Access
· Preferred Public Accounting experience