Our Client who are an established and growing Fintech organization based in North Toronto are currently looking for an Agile Business Analyst to join their organization on a permanent full time basis. As an Agile BA, you will shift between the waterfall and agile delivery methodologies to deliver products, systems, processes and services.
You will communicate with multiple stakeholders to elicit, define, analyze and document requirements for our clients cutting-edge product developments and enhancements to their existing ones. In your role you will own, manage, author and update various artifacts and documentation.
Below you will find more in depth requirements to be successful in this type of a role:
- Over 2 years of experience working in the investment services industry and knowledge of major types of investment products (i.e., equity, ETFs, options, bonds, mutual funds, GICs etc.).
- Strong understanding of investment systems (i.e., equity trading, option trading, back-office, middleoffice and front-office systems etc.)
Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, documentation, conflict resolution and expectation/relationship management skills to complement your analytical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP etc.
- Committed to requirements management practices with the ability to control project scope creep, timeline and mitigate project risks and constraints
- Understand and know when to shift between the role of the traditional and the agile BA/BSA based on the products, process, projects, initiatives and your target audience
- Deep understanding of various stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
Nice to have skills:
-Love working with technology building products, apps and systems to solve problems
-Bring over 3 years of IT and BA/BSA experience in the financial/investment products area
-Familiar with some or most back-office systems (i.e., Broadridge (formerly ADP), BPSA) -Knowledgeable on trade confirmations, client statements, client reporting and other investment reports generated in brokerage and wealth management firms
-Ability to map data and useful information and workflows into diagrams using tool like Microsoft Visio
-Exposure to agile concepts like scrum, sprint, shippable product, solution intent, program backlog etc.
-Strong knowledge of SDLC, project management, development, coding, testing (QA) methodologies
-Completed or pursuing Canadian Securities Course (CSC®), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO®), Certified Scrum Master (CSM®), Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP®) or equivalent
-Closely worked with VersionOne, JIRA, HPQC or equivalent tools in the past