Summary: We are looking for an amazingly talented Business Analyst (BA) to join the OZ Design Thinking Practice team. You will need to develop a strategic and holistic view of a client's business objectives and strategies, capturing the essence of the client's and project's requirements, and then translating that knowledge into useful documentation for the development teams. You will work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, strategists, data scientists, and technologists to help our clients identify opportunities and create innovative solutions. You will be the driver for client projects, ensuring they are focused on delivering the customer features and functions that will also drive the client's business. A design thinking, user-centric, business and technology attention to detail is necessary to succeed in this role, in addition to an understanding of modern technologies and approaches– such as voice, analytics, mobile, AI, RPA, IoT, and so much more. At OZ, Customer Experience is not an afterthought. It's our only thought.
You need to have a hunger to work across technologies and industries and approaches to be successful in this role.
- Gathers, generates, and documents requirements through interviewing and facilitation
- Translates business functional and non-functional requirements into the appropriate Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Process Flow Diagrams, and Business Scenarios and Rally User Stories
- Participates in the creation of the project artifacts (i.e. Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test Plan, Defect Reporting Matrix) with the Project Manager (PM)
- Works collaboratively with customer and user groups, technical leads, development resources, consultants and architects, and both intern and external project teams
- Tracks progress and provides project status reports according to the information needs of the stakeholders including, at times, executive level staff
- Acts as a business subject matter expert
- Analyze client requests or issues, identify solution options, determine the best solution to optimize reliability, usability, and performance and present recommendation to internal management or to the client.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, customers, users and technical resources to ensure that the system design adequately reflects the business requirements and customer needs
- Document confirmed business processes to serve as reference for development and IT support
- Explain to business how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint
- Ability to work in a fully Agile method over the course of the entire development effort.
- Assists in the planning and development of system testing procedures
- Assists in user acceptance testing and may assist unit testers so that definition of done for requirements are satisfied
- Writes, manages, and clarifies user stories and may develop use cases for complex requirements
- Acts as a liaison between the IT project team and the business community
- Facilitate team interaction as well as foster strong IT-Business relationships
- Excellent at networking, relationship building (business, digital and IT), with experience in opening, developing, managing, retaining and significantly growing strategic accounts
- Ability to develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable making operational decisions, monitoring progress, and reporting results in a fast-paced growth environment
- Excellent presentations skills with the ability to communicate and persuade client management at all levels
- Mentor Design Thinking team members on best practices
- Facilitate performance reviews, identifying training and development requirements and plans
- Recognized as a digital and strategic thought-leader
- 5+ years of overall experience, with at least 3 in a client-facing professional services role
- Has been involved in multiple Customer Experience and Strategic client engagements that have led to on-going digital technology solutions
- Experience leading and delivering complex enterprise solutions and teams.
- Serving as the senior Business Analysis resource for consulting engagements
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial flavor
- Ability to work well with senior level management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – articulating and communicating information and ideas to varying audiences and in multiple written styles (persuasive, informative, narrative) in order to negotiate/gain access to information and records
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong partnering skills and service leadership mindset