A key enabler for Oracle’s sustained growth across all Cloud businesses is the infrastructure necessary to support Oracle’s public cloud data centers as well as customer On-Premise deployments. Oracle’s Supply Chain Operations organization is looking for individuals who want to directly participate in the cloud technology revolution and help build, scale and optimize a world-class supply chain.
The Cost Data Analyst will be a key member of the Cost Management & Strategy team, who will advance GSM’s cost management capabilities by developing cost models, databases and key processes. They will leverage Fusion & Data Visualization apps to further optimize cost and deliver increased value.
Key Focus Areas:
- • Cost Data Management
- • Price Database
- • Cost Models
- • Data Visualization
- • Supply Chain Maps
- • Spend Categorization
- • Spend Performance Management
- • Cost Management Tools
- • Organization Capabilities/Utilization
- Develop cost models, databases and processes that provide step-function improvement to GSM’s cost management capabilities through expanded use of cost data information, analytics, models and visualization.
- Drive the development of all key processes & toolsets required to enable rapid(on-demand) cost data history and forecast by key groupings such as Oracle part number, supplier part number, commodity, supplier, sub-assembly, product level, etc.
- Develop and partner with key SCO stakeholders to ensure the creation of a robust cost database, that enables active tracking of cost management
- Subject Matter Expert for the Fusion Data Visualization toolset; drives deep visual insights into GSM’s cost management performance and effectiveness. Utilizes the Data Visualization tool-set to provide key insights on new potential areas to drive out cost.
- Presenting critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answer questions about the inputs and outputs of Cost Management systems and improving their performance.
- Develop and reimagine the creation and use of Supply Chain Maps to further enable cost management analytics. Leverage existing Oracle Fusion product suite.
- Drive improved GSM cost management performance by ensuring ready access to all required cost data. Partner with key BU internal customers and SCO stakeholders on key cost data information needs and requirements.
- Enable improvements to Spend Management effectiveness by driving the use of spend categories (commodity codes) in Fusion. Drive the required process changes and training with key internal stakeholders to ensure it becomes process of record.
- Partner with Finance on standard cost process and performance as required. Ensure availability and alignment on cost savings, cost avoidance and purchase price variance.
- Own strategy for GSM cost data requirements, assess and validate existing tools and processes. Drive optimized use of Fusion, ensure attribute optimization.
- Support the development and automation of required metrics.
- 5+ years of Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement and/or Finance experience in a global Operations group, and a BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Proficiency with tools commonly used for data analysis and visualization such as Oracle Data Visualization, R, Python (Matplotlib, ggplot,etc).
- Utilizing code (Python, R, Scala, SQL etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical and machine learning models and algorithms
- Experience with databases and familiarity with data visualization tools/frameworks as well as notebooks.
- Exposure to business intelligence tools such as Oracle, Tableau, Business Objects, etc.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and data import methodologies; SQL and ODBC knowledge preferred
- Data organization and management skills. Technical expertise with data models, database design development, and data mining
- Strong business acumen, with a solid understanding of core supply chain concepts and processes. Has a strong desire to learn, and an inquisitive mind.
- Candidate must be confident, self-motivated, and driven to deliver business results. Must be comfortable dealing directly with executives and putting together executive level presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have a team first mindset
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organizations financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills. 8 plus years relevant work experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.