What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Business Analysis Supervisor II
Job Description Summary
Responsible for evaluating and analyzing complex information to support projects and/or in overall management of a business unit/department. Develops and documents business requirements and/or solutions then leads the efforts to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the Business Unit/Department.
2. Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
3. Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
4. Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
5. Responsible for ensuring that project's dependencies are clearly defined and appropriately communicated in terms of time required to complete.
6. Primary liaison with business partners, development team, and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
7. Oversees the examination of current business processes and makes recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within business unit operations.
8. May assist in annual business unit operating and capital expense budget planning.
9. May provide back-office training and support on application usage and functionality.
10. May lead and advise business units in the development of analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication, and/or strategic planning activities.
11. May assist business unit production functions during high volume periods.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Not Applicable
· Bachelor’s Degree - Required
· Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution. Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
· Project management tools such as MS Project.
· Supervisory or management experiencepreferred.