ROLE SUMMARY This role is responsible to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes. This position understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and is able to translate those requirements into solutions that enable projects and the organization to achieve its goals.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements from project stakeholders
- Support and promote process improvement opportunities for gathering requirements
- Facilitate review of completed business requirements with project stakeholders, business functional and IT partners in order to secure buy-in and sign off on deliverables
- Support the development of functional requirements and system design to ensure that they meet business and project objectives.
- Drive alignment on requirements with software architecture team and other non-functional requirements stakeholders
- Work with validation team to ensure requirements alignment/traceability to test plans.
- Analyze, document, and communicate the scope and context of business requirements for the benefit of delivery/validation stakeholders
- Minimum of 5 years combined business and technical analysis experience
- International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA) CBAP certification desired but not required
- Experience creating use cases, business requirements and process flows
- Experience working in an agile or iterative development environment
- Experience using tools to facilitate requirement gathering and documentation in an agile environment
- Ability to deliver high quality business requirements and project artifacts that meet expectations of customers
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience creating and maintaining positive working relationships with business and technology contacts
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage concurrent efforts
- Ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines and to mitigate potential risks to deliverables
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively
- Ability to translate between business and technical language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to accept and provide feedback as a means of improving performance
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least four, typically six years of solid, diverse work experience in IT.