The Regulatory, Tax and Compliance Systems Team are mandated to rationalize, eliminate, re-engineer, and automate processes in support of a better customer and user experience.
Our Team leverages new and existing technologies to deliver solutions that simplify, and streamline processes across all Lines of Business and Services. Our Team's primary focus is to deliver accurate tax documentation and provide support to our business lines as well as liaise with the external vendors.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Business Analysis, the Lead Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for the resolution of complex business problems.
1. Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
2. Planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
3. Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes. Developing test strategies and test cases, perform testing when applicable and defining user procedures and workflows. Developing conversion and implementation of strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training and providing post-implementation support.
4. Responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies. Along with, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes and rapidly changing technology.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Have 4 to 6 years of technical working experience with business systems analysis.
• Be familiar with, and capable of working in technical environments that utilize Agile and Waterfall project methodologies.
• Demonstrate comfort in working independently to manage multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to all assigned business and support units worldwide.
• Have technical working experience with formulating business systems and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Demonstrate the capability to analyze business and user needs.
• Must have working experience with documenting requirements and translating them into proper systems requirement specifications, including the creation and modification of procedures to solve complex business issues.
• Possess strong time management and organizational skills in order to effectively manage small projects while planning and scheduling resources within those projects to optimize productivity.
• Be a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual.
• Have proven interpersonal, communication (verbal/written/presentation) and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management.
• Knowledge of Branch or Non-Branch operations and procedures is an asset.
• Knowledge of Retail Deposit and Investment products is an asset.
• Working knowledge of bank-wide taxation documents & systems is an asset.
• Completion of an undergraduatedegree in business, economics, mathematics or a related discipline.
• Completion of the International Institute of Business Analysis certifications (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ [ECBA™]; or Certification of Capability in Business Analysis™ [CCBA®]; or Certified Business Analysis Professional™ [CBAP®] or Certified Business Analysis Thought Leader™ [CBATL™]) is an asset.
Requisition ID: 19189